How I Remember Norway: People

Norway is very special in my heart but you know what I remember the most about people in Norway?

Children with Winter Clothes

You know, there is no winter in Indonesia so it was my first time to experience the snow. Basically, I didn't know anything about snow and winter stuffs before but now I know for sure my favorite thing in winter is seeing the children with their winter clothes! I mean can you imagine they are so little but they have to wear thick clothes that are bigger than themselves? It's not like I'm a pedophile or what, it's just they're SO cute that I want to bring them in my pocket everywhere I go (I do sound like a pedophile, right?)

























and also, Norwegians are TALL and pretty and handsome and TALL (I said it twice to stress that they're really TALL)
First, you have to know that even in Indonesia, 158 cm is not tall. Now I have to go to the place where Troll is very famous! I cannot compete with their height so I keep in mind that short is the sign of cuteness. Right? RIGHT? Please say yes so I can keep being proud for being 158  cm.

If being tall is not enough, I have to say that Norwegians walk really fast. I mean REALLY REALLY fast. For this one, I gave up. I have nothing to say to defend myself.
People said that it's because of coldness so they walk like in hurry to go inside plus it makes their body warmer. I guess it's true.
It's just I'm used to walk really slow and relax because it is HOT in Indonesia so if you walk fast it becomes HOTTER. So we stay calm, well, not really. But hey, I just defended myself :p


Special ones: ISFiT friends, Host Family, and somebody I used to teach!

Remember what I said about the cold lunch? Well, my favorite people in Human Dignity workshop made my hunger go away and lunch break became one of my favorite time between our dialogues and discussions because that was the time when everyone played songs from their countries and the other people could dance. LIKE. CRAZY. An hour break was never enough, I tell you.
I feel so blessed to get to know them for ten days and have them for the rest of my life. If you ask me what I have got from participating in ISFiT 2013, I'd love to answer that I got FAMILY, FRIENDSHIP, INSPIRATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCES, and LOVE. 
 
I also had a great host family! Hansen family provided me with the comfiest bed and best breakfast ever! They did take care of me very well. I got a lovely room mate too, Yuna! It really felt like home where it's warm with love (and heater too). 

Getting new friends won't make me forget the old ones. Spending time with my favorite ex student (who is the first Norwegian I know) while I was there was such an amazing experience too because we got to talk, share, and discuss about everything! I could say that he spoiled me very much and I cannot thank him enough for everything!


As I said before, Norway will always have a special place in my heart and this lyrics from the Smashing Pumpkins really express what I feel...

What happened in Norway has become a part of me now and I think I have left a piece of me there. To tell you, I might be not the same person as before I went to Norway and if you don't notice it, it's okay, at least I feel it in myself.
For some people in my closest circle, they might be bored to hear all I could say it's Norway this ISFiT that blablabla but they have to know that it doesn't mean I cannot accept the fact that it was over for a month already or they think I'm cocky and showing off things because I've been abroad. 
I found so many simple happiness there, is it wrong to reminiscing things that make you happy?
So here I am, writing posts about Norway to share that what truly makes me happy is not that I went abroad or what. It's simply because of the people and experiences and lessons I've never imagined I could have and I'm very grateful for that.

Love,

0 comments:

Stalkers