Saturday night stroll


I felt like taking a stroll earlier. It's not that cold outside. So I got out of subway station and walked. I passed the bus stop, looked at the people inside the bus and I smiled and hid it so they wouldn't think that I'm a weirdo. I walked and walked. Enjoy every moment of cold breeze on my face. I put some lip balm to make sure my lips wouldn't be so dry. I walked in slow pace and turn left at the park because I've never been there. There were only two ahjussi talking and sipping their coffee. They didn't stare at me because they sat too far to notice that I'm a foreigner in their prosperous country. I kept walking and looking at the statue in the middle of the park. I think he's a general or something, the lights make him so dramatic and heroic. I didn't stop walking but I couldn't take my eyes off him.

From afar I saw a man and a woman passed the street. They walked side by side. 'They must be husband and wife', I let myself thought that way. Then the man stopped and stared at me. 'Yes I'm a foreigner now stop staring at me' I held that thought in my head. When I got closer to him, he started to run towards the woman. 'Oh how sweet the husband runs just to walk beside his wife' my lips began to form a smile. The woman hit him, ran away, and kept looking at behind her. 'Holy crap' is the only word in my mind when I passed the man. I started to walk faster and faster until I was ahead of the woman. I kept looking behind me, make sure that the guy didn't run and catch me. As I walked faster, I felt the urge to run. 'Run, Asty. RUN!' 'Why should I run? He's far behind me' I had this conflict of thoughts inside my head and I looked behind me and I could see the guy, he was far from me but not far enough. So I walked faster and started to run while Ronan Keating's If Tomorrow Never Comes was played on my music player. I ran as fast as I could. At that moment, I couldn't think of anything. All my burdens somehow disappeared. I could feel the cold air on my face and I realized 'this is one of the happiest moment of my life'. When I stopped, I laughed by myself. No one was around me. The only thing in my mind is 'I feel so alive and free'.

That was how I spent my Saturday night before I write this post and I'm gonna admire how beautiful the moon is while drinking ice chocolate afterwards.

and for those who don't know, I'll give you a little information about what's going on in my life: I'm currently living in the capital of South Korea and no, it won't be forever. I shall return to my beloved tropical country very soon. Let's stop talking about leaving or I will start to cry. and I might change my blog URL. But I don't know.



1 comments:

  JoJo

18 November 2013 at 12:52

Gw bikir loe beneran dikejer2

Stalkers